Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taylor- starting off 2010

Taylor has started the year 2010 with so many amazing qualities, I couldn't help but share them with everyone.

Taylor's language always amazes us and at two years old she is talking in full sentences, using such big words for her age. It is truly amazing. The other night she pulled out the word "doesn't" which was so cool. She was unscrewing a lid on a water bottle and it got stuck so she said, "It doesn't open." Wow, so gramatically correct! Today I gave her a Danimals Yogurt (the ones you drink) and she said, "Don't spill it," and "Don't shake it." She used to say "No spill it," and "No shake it." I'm just so amazed at how the complicated English language is learned so easily by typically developing children. Amazing!!

Taylor also went through a "Leave me alone" or "Leave it alone" phase where whenever we would touch her or her toys when she didn't want us to she would pull out one of those phrases. The funny part was that she says her "L's" so well that she would really emphasize them and expand them out. So it would be like this: "Llllleave me allllone!" During the same phase she also loved the phrase "I do it!" That was a few weeks of constant "I do it" and "Leave me alone" but she has since relaxed with those phrases and uses them sporadically, or a little nicer.

She's very independent, as seen from above, and she likes to help and do many things all by herself. Brushing her teeth is one of the big ones. She likes to get the toothbrush head from the holder herself, put it on the handle by herself, we put our foot down about putting the toothpaste on, and she then likes to brush her whole mouth by herself. Of course, mommy and daddy have to take a turn after Taylor finishes. :) She likes to pick out her own clothes, get dressed by herself (undies, pants, socks and shoes...not yet the shirt), and even help et meals ready. I often make the joke that she is going to be ready to live on her own at 5 years old! Haha!

One proud moment to end this post. Taylor and I were watching the Tinker Bell movie (her absolute favorite!) and the Queen came on the screen. Taylor said, "That's Tinker Bell's mommy." She then scooted over to me on the couch, locked her arm in mine, put her head on my shoulder and said, "That's Taylor's mommy" in the sweetest voice ever. Ahhhh. My heart melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment