Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Birthday Party



I had my first Birthday Party at Polliwog Park in Manhatten Beach on Sunday December 7th. It was a combined birthday party with Cadin Fetters, my good friend who was born 10 days after me. Our mommies made our matching cakes, they made matching cupcakes for everyone to enjoy, had matching balloons, and we even had matching hats, bibs, and candles on our cake! There were quiz games and a "guess how old we are" game of pictures of Cadin and me to get everyone in the party spirit for our birthdays. On the day of the party Aunt Lisa called mommy at 7:00AM worried about the sprinkles that had fallen down on their house the night before. All our family encouraged us that the rain would go away and we should still have the party at the park. Sure enough the rain went away and we had a beautiful party! Both Cadin and I loved our cakes, I was a lady and picked the frosting off with two fingers and gently put it in my mouth. Cadin on the other hand liked slapping his cake. We had fun opening our gifts, playing on the swings and slides, looking at the ducks by the pond, and just having fun hanging out with all of our family and friends. My Uncle Alvin and cousin Sydney traveled all the way from Northern California with my Grammy and Grandpa'Al for the weekend. Sydney and I had so much fun together but we also were a wee bit jealous of each other when Grandpa'Al seemed to think he could hold just one of us. Wrong! We missed my two Aunts, Aunt Shelley and Tia. Both were studying hard at their respective schools throughout the state. My Granny M and Grandpa Bill also came from San Diego and as always I was at peace in their arms especially as we watched the ducks and played around the play area.

Thanks everyone for coming and making it such a special FIRST BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment