Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at the DuCharmes

What a fun vacation we had at Grammy and Grandpa'al's house. We drove up late on Christmas Eve and stayed through Sunday December 28th. On Christmas I woke up to a humongous Christmas Tree with so many presents under it they overflowed half way into the living room! I was so curious I had to take a peek even though Cousin Sydney wasn't there yet. Mommy let me look at a book and these noisy stuffed animals for a bit but that was it until my cousin got there. While daddy went on a Christmas Day bike ride I took a nap and woke up right as Sydney, Uncle Alvin and Aunt Shelley arrived. Sydney and I had so much fun opening up presents; good thing Santa made sure to bring two of almost everything because when I saw something she had I wanted it and when she saw something I had she wanted it. Santa brought us so many cool toys and clothes it was unbelievable! Grammy also got Sydney and I matching luggage and clothes for our Kauai trip we're taking in July. Yay!

On Friday we had a mellow hang out day. Aunt Shelley, Sydney, Grammy, mommy and I went ona walk down to the Sunol cafe. Grandpa'al, Uncle Alvin, and Daddy then met all of us after they finished watching football, we at lunch and Sydney enjoyed exploring behind the cash register and in the kitchen at the restaurant. Hehe. We all then walked over to the park in downtown Sunol and walked around the entire thing. Grandpa'Al got lots of pictures to show off our fun day. We stayed out so long that Sydney's diaper started to leak so we had to head home (it was getting late anyway and everyone was ready to go home).

On Saturday mommy, daddy and I went to Berkely visit Noah, Laura and their new baby boy, Aesa, 9 days old! I was such a good girl; I was gentle with the baby and loved hanging out while the adults got to talk and eat lunch. We then got in the car and headed over to Ryan's new house to check out the place. I got a nap on the way over so instead of waking me up mommy and daddy let me sleep while they quickly took a tour of the house. On the way to Ryan's Grammy called mommy on the cell phone and told her to be home by 3:30 because a surprise guest was coming. Who could it be?! We got back to Grammy and Grandpa'Al's house and there were relatives and friends already there. Mommy's friend Aly, pregnant with a baby boy, was already there with her mommy playing the Wii that Grammy and grandpa'Al bought for us to play with at their house for Christmas. More people and relatives kept showing up and we ended up having a house full of kids and people. Busy and loud but quite fun. After a while mommy's surprise guest showed up...Krissy and Ryan! They were out from Arizona spending Christmas with Krissy's parents so they decided to surprise mommy on their way to the airport. Mommy got to spend some time talking with Krissy, she seemed so happy to see her. once most everybody had left daddy was able to spend some quality time talking with my great grandpa Al, talking all about his life in the war and as a young adult. Daddy really enjoyed being able to talk with Great Grandpa for so long.

On Sunday we just spent the morning packing and getting ready to leave. We had a very long drive home but it was so worth it to have spent so much time with my cousin, my aunt Shelley and uncle Alvin, and my Grammy and Grandpa'Al.

Thank you for such an amazing Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment