Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Best and Worst Day...all in one!

Today mommy seemed to have so many highs and lows with me...what a weird day! When I first woke up in the morning I was really tired so mommy nursed me and then put me back to bed (mommy should have thought about this ahead of time!). I slept until 8:30 and when I woke up I was so happy and refreshed. Mommy picked me up out of my crib and I gave her the biggest hug, putting both of my arms tightly around her neck. Mommy told me that she had been waiting for the day that I gave her a hug like that so I think she was pretty happy.

Because I slept in so long I didn't go down for a nap until 11:15, the time we typically leave to go to Mommy-and-me. Mommy let me sleep for an hour and then woke me up to go. I did NOT want to get up but she got me up anyway to go see my friends. I got dressed and we headed over to the school. the whole time I either wanted to eat or be held by mommy. Not a good first day back to see my friends. It was so cool to see my friend Cadin though walking all around exploring the classroom on his two feet! Wow!

We stopped by Trader Joes on our way home and I was such a good girl in the store, as always. When we got home I took a really good nap. When I got up mommy had some more shpping to do for dinner so we headed over to Costco. What a mess this was! When we parked mommy couldn't find her wallet so we headed home again, the whole time I was fussy in the car just wanting to get out! To mommy's surprise there was no wallet in the house, it was on the passenger seat in the car under my shpping cart cover! Mommy seemed a bit frustrated at this point but she was determined to get food for dinner so we went back to Costco and did our shopping trip. The whole time I wanted to hold every item that mommy put in the basket, even if it was a 15 pound box of cans...why not?! Mommy gave me some things but wouldn't let me have others. I got a little frustrated and screamed a few times. I actually think I screamed one too many times because mommy stopped the cart, looked at me, and told me to "shhhh!" Uh-oh. I think mommy was getting a little frustrated.

When we got home mommy put me in my high chair to get some food. She was rushed to get dinner ready for her and daddy but I wanted to eat too! She fed me some bites while she cooked and I started to find my screaming voice again. Sometimes it was fun and sometimes I wanted food. Mommy wasn't paying attention to me but the kitties were. Tiger kept jumping up on the chair next to me and swatting my arm. I just laughed and laughed! We were playing together. He'd jump back down and circle below my chair when I'd start screaming again. Finally he jumped up but instead of playing he bit me on the arm!!!! Mommy got really mad, yelled at him, put him in a time-out and held me for a while. Mommy seemed so relieved when daddy came home.

As mommy said, it was her best and worst day with me so far. (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment