Monday, January 19, 2009

Going to work with mommy

Today was MLK Jr. Day so I wasn't able to go to daycare. Mommy took me to work with her and boy was it fun! I was more confident this time to leave mommy's personal office and explore the entire office. I crawled into the playroom, into other coworker's offices, and even let other people hold me, play with me, and take me outside away from mommy! I took two naps and was so happy both times when I woke up. Mommy had to lead a "supervisor meeting" so I played on the floor next to the conference table, talking, eating and reading my books the whole time. All of mommy's coworkers wanted to see me use my sign language so mommy showed me off and everyone cheered and gave applause for me. Oh what fun that was!

The coolest thing of all was that I learned (or discovered) how to blow my own nose! Mommy was working at her desk and I was sitting on the floor playing with hand towels from the bathroom (really rough paper ones). All of a sudden I blew out my nose into a towel! Mommy got so excited that she did it with me and we were laughing and blowing our noses together. How fun!

I also had a lot of fun sitting in an executive chair next to mommy in her own executive chair, right in front of mommy's top drawer in her desk so I could take EVERYTHING out of it (pens, clips, papers, glasses, disks) and throw it all on the floor. It seems that everytime I throw things like this all around me mommy tends to start singing this song, "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere, clean up, clean up, everybody do your share." I really like hearing the song and so I start doing what mommy calls "cleaning up." I guess that's why she sings the song!

Thanks mommy for taking me to work. I liked seeing all of the people you work with and spending the day with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment