Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tia's Dive Meet

From Taylor Reese Wickett


Today mommy, daddy and I headed up to Thousand Oaks to see Tia compete in a dive meet for her college, UCSB! Tia was a gymnast for so long and so amazing at trampoline that she thought she could possibly do diving. Sure enough she did a few dives in front of the team, they cheered, and said welcome to the team. I got to go see her at one of her dive meets and it was so cool! Not only was that big pool filled with water so enticing but I loved seeing my Granny M, Grandpa Bill, and of course, Tia. She dove so good I was so impressed. How she jumped off that board, kept her legs so straight, and dove into the water with not much splash beats me! I really liked having mommy hold me while I touched the lane ropes, all rolled up behind the bleachers. All the plastic colors, blue, yellow and red, really intrigued me. Of course, Granny had more clothes for me (I can't wait till I'm 18 months to wear this ADORABLE outfit) and another really cool book (The Saggy Baggy Elephant) that i just know I'm going to love. It's a really big board book so mommy really likes it because I can't rip the pages. Hehe.

After the meet we all went out to eat at Red Robin, our family tradition with the Wicketts. We had tons of fun and I really liked tasting the fries, milkshake, and soda (although I made a really funny face with the soda and mommy and daddy told me that I could only have one sip of the soda...really weird because it was like they were all staring at me and laughed when I took a drink...what's the big deal?!).

Tia came to spend the night and watch the Charger's game with us that evening. We made burritos, talking with Brian, Tia's boyfriend over the video on the computer all night, and watched the Chargers WIN!!!! Yay!

I had a really fun day hanging out with Tia. Thanks for coming and spending some time with me. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment